The Canadian Chamber of Commerce will distribute 62 grants of $10,000 to small Canadian Businesses. The funds are being donated by Salesforce (NYSE:CRM).
Application deadline is June 12th at 8 pm ET. Funds will be distributed shortly after successful applicants have been announced in late June.
To be eligible to apply, businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company; and,
- Belong to a chamber of commerce, board of trade or association that is a member of the Canadian Business Resilience Network; and;
- Have between 2 and 50 employees; and,
- Have been in business for 2 years as of March 1, 2020; and,
- Have an annual revenue between $150,000 CAD and $5,000,000 CAD; and,
- Have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Meet the other eligibility criteria set out in the program’s terms and conditions.
Your submission will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Need: your business’s current financial situation
- Innovation: how your business will use the grant to change or innovate
- Resilience: how the change or innovation will sustain your business’s recovery and allow it to prosper
- Impact: the role your business plays in your community
Seems like an easy application.
For more details, click here.
This blog is not meant to provide specific advice or opinions regarding the topic(s) discussed above. Should you have a question about your specific situation, please discuss it with your GBA tax advisor.
GBA LLP is a full-service accounting firm in the Greater Toronto Area, but we primarily service all of Ontario as well as the rest of Canada virtually, except Quebec. Our team of 20+, provides Audits, Reviews, and Notice to Reader financial statements, as well as corporate tax returns. We also provide specialized corporate tax and succession planning for small and medium businesses, in addition to general advisory services.
If you would like to schedule a call to discuss your accounting or tax needs with one of our team members, please complete the free no obligation meeting request on this page.